Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Conversation Between Pear and Tohopekaliga
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to of
    09-04-2020 10:08 AM
    Tohopekaliga
    I don't know that making it more game-like would really help for me, honestly. It might? But ultimately, it'd still be exercising. I dunno. Hard to say. I know that I'm not really big on the dance games for some reason, though I do have some and have played them.

Either way, as the technology becomes available, it certainly will happen... And it should be reasonably safe, as long as things to look at are kept to a minimum. Have you heard of "Zombies! Run!"? That's an AR fitness game, though the AR part is mostly auditory.
    09-04-2020 12:45 AM
    Pear
    That's cool! I have dabbled with code, but ultimately, it isn't my calling. Biking is fun! It's also a nice way to get around a city. Often it takes just as long to drive somewhere as bike! Do you think you'd exercise more if it felt like a game? I personally love to dance because it's so fun and playful. I'm wondering how fitness will change as more people start using products like Google Glass. Is augmented reality even safe for fast-paced physical activities? Sorry, rambling, heh
    09-04-2020 12:11 AM
    Tohopekaliga
    Ah, me? I'm a software engineer, primarily. My "real" jobs are usually C++ related, doing different things. I worked for EA Sports for a year, for instance. Outside of that, I mostly play video games, and sometimes draw pictures. I'm not very good at the picture drawing, but I know I'm not bad, either...Though I don't do Trisphee items or anything like that.

Been trying to exercise more recently, which includes using my bike I've had for years and ridden...Not a lot. lol.
    09-03-2020 11:00 PM
    Pear
    Interesting, I never even noticed that ad. I suppose I've trained my eyes to skim over them. In my opinion, that's perfectly fine. A single ad that generates a small amount of revenue to help support the site is very different than weaponizing personal data to profile and influence consumers across the globe.

Anyways, changing the subject... I'm curious about you. I'm a jewelry artist and a nutrition coach. I also love yoga, cooking, and flow arts (fire spinning). I also just got a bike, and so that's becoming a new obsession. What are you into?
    09-03-2020 04:03 PM
    Tohopekaliga
    :D We'd love to have them.

I have a small amount of ads set up on the site (they exist only on the front page), but overall I dislike them so very much that I intend on never including much (eventually I'll get rid of the front page one too), and most definitely not doing the Facebook-style targeted ad things.

We don't need everyone following our every move on the internet.
    09-03-2020 03:56 PM
    Pear
    Nice. That's actually rather refreshing. Well, maybe I'll convince some of my RL friends to join. We've been talking about alternatives to social media. I'd much rather support Tris with donations than let facebook sell my attention to marketers.
    09-03-2020 02:03 PM
    Tohopekaliga
    I'd describe the community as small, easygoing, and very welcoming. There's not a huge amount of people, so things tend to move along rather sedately, but that makes it easier to keep track of what's happening.
    09-03-2020 10:22 AM
    Pear
    Ooh, another one coming up soon! Seems you have been active here for quite a while. What is the community like these days?
    09-03-2020 09:11 AM
    Tohopekaliga
    They are Tricky Spirits from a past Nox event (those happen in October). :D
    09-03-2020 01:40 AM
    Pear
    Hi there! What are those adorable little creatures floating next to your avatar?
All content is copyright © 2010 - 2024 Trisphee.com
FAQ | E-Mail | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules
Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr
Return to top