View Single Post
Forward Thinker
Default   #13  
I'm not exactly the most active of forum users or admins these days, oops, but yeah, it is true, Trisphee shall remain, regardless.

Avatar sites were a big thing, years ago, and it's sad to see them all disappear, so this one will not. (And I'd be willing to host others, too.)

If you're curious, I don't own a server, specifically, I just pay for hosting. Trisphee's servers cost $30 a month, plus another $6 for email I could turn off one of the servers and deal with my own emails and save $16, but I can't be bothered on the email, and the dev server is helpful, even if it's currently used sparingly.

Since I don't use AWS or the like, the prices actually don't scale smoothly with traffic. It'll be $30 whether there are 5 hits a day or 50,000...though if it did around that point I'd start considering expanding the hosting, lol. I have, in the past, run minecraft servers for my friends directly on Trisphee's webserver with no degredation of performance, so...I could, in theory, host multiple sites.

Once tried to buy a second one (avatar site), to keep it from dying completely. The owners wouldn't answer me, though, and so now it's gone off the internet..RIP Syndrone.
Old Posted 09-13-2023, 08:54 AM Reply With Quote