View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #45  
Tristan caught the slip up from the women, Taka… but said nothing as he knew that many people used to be outside the walls…. “I sleep like the dead….only food or direct sun tends to wake me…” Tristan said once he was in the apartment. “I left him what i could write… doodled a few pictures to get the point across….” Tristan said with a mumble, he knew Ian couldn't read very well… heck Tristan could read better then his older brother at the moment… Ian always said he knew enough to recognize street names and things like that…

“Wha’s a sleepover?” Tristan asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes, still holding his blanket over his shoulders and around himself. “The last apartment they had ‘e and Ian in was shite…. It was basically one whole floor with no walls and packed with people… that was… two years ago before they ‘cleaned’ out this end of the district…. Yeah right more like Ian and his friends did that….” The tired blonde muttered the last few words to himself, it was clear he had forced himself to stay up longer then he was used to too come here.
-------------
It was another night of vivid dreams and nightmares for Ian, when he woke up his watch was beeping softly, alerting him that it would soon be sunrise…. And his forehead felt feverish. “Did i breathe in spores? Must have…. Fuck….” Ian didn't think that the cut on his leg would be infected… but he was wrong… already it was looking raw and sore as he groaned, forcing himself to stand up… he wrapped it quickly with a spare cloth he had before heading down the rest of the tunnels. He passed a few other scavengers from his district like himself who just nodded in solidarity and he nodded back. None asked about his leg and Ian was thankful for that.

He’d already breathed in a shit tons of spores before… doing jobs for Mavrik in his youth….it had gotten him in some interesting places at night… with light spores that had them all running fevers till their bodies fought off the spores… only one in that group had turned into a runner from the spores… and he had been ended quickly.
Old Posted 06-19-2018, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote