View Single Post
Webcomicker!
Default My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic   #1  

"The series stars a unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle, who is a pupil of Equestria's ruler Princess Celestia. Seeing the young pony buried in books, the princess sends her to Ponyville and gives her the task of making friends. Along with her assistant, a baby dragon named Spike, she becomes friends with the tomboyish Rainbow Dash, glamorous Rarity, hard-working Applejack, timid Fluttershy, and hyperactive Pinkie Pie. Together they explore the ins and outs of the town and solve various problems. Each episode usually ends with Twilight Sparkle reporting back to Celestia on some aspect of friendship that she has discovered in the process, either through her own experience or by watching the other ponies."

---------

When I saw deviant Art being swamped with pictures from this show, I was definitely like wtf. I pretty much stayed away from it cuz I thought it was some crazy fad but then one day I saw that an episode was on tv so I switched to it and although the episode was half over, I was totally drawn in by the ponies! D8 I never watched My Little Pony as a child but this new series that started last year is totally hilarious (to me anyways). xD I think it's because it was developed for tv by Lauren Faust, who had previously worked on the Cartoon Network series The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends with their creator, her husband Craig McCracken. So it definitely has that 90's cartoons flair to it.

Also, Lauren Faust apparently reads what fans write about the show and has even incorporated some fan-made ponies and aspects into the show. Which I think is amazing! O: Like Derpy Hooves, the crazy-eyed pony and the usage of the word "Brony".

My favorite character by far is Applejack. *w* After seeing that 1 episode I fangirled to Uke and we both fangasmed about the show and I eventually watched every episode (quite a few of them more than once). xD I even got my older brother to watch it with me. Anyone else here watch this show? C:

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote