View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #43  
Tristan worried his lip, holding his ratty blanket closer to him… should he even be here….taking a breath he decided to speak. “I uh… didn’t want to spend another night alone in the apartment… Ian had a job that got called in last minute….” Tristan spoke carefully, the words he used make it seemed like he might have a job in the city that needed attending too.

“W-W-With the fire and all that happened today… I just… didn't want to be alone….”The young boy said pulling him blanket tighter around him… it would tug at anyone's heart strings. Tristan was at a odd age… there where not many 11-12 year old any more… there were really young kids under 10 and the teenagers….so it was safe to say that Tristan didn’t have a lot of friends his own age. Just his brother… and now Aren in a way.

“I can leave if I’m being a bother… I got the key still.” He added quickly as if he expected to be turned away.

-------------------

Ian was bone tired by the time he felt safe enough to find shelter for the night, his leg had long since gone cold and the bleeding had stoped, Ian looked paler than he normally did and the ginger scavenger knew that he would have to refuse a few jobs in the future… that would reflect badly on his reliability… now a days most people didn't care if you were hurt… if you couldn't help them then they would find someone else.

Limping with every step Ian managed to get into the underground where he’d be safe, hidden under layers of dust and rot. He pressed his back against the cold wall as he slid down it. He’d sleep for now…. Get back to Tristan in the morning… and then sleep for a week….and like that Ian was out cold, gun still grasped in his hand as he slept.
Old Posted 06-18-2018, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote